Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, please see the section below titled Additional Information for California Residents.
We love kids (mostly), but this is an adult website (you know what we mean). Accordingly, we not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. We may collect information from people who act like they are under 13, but that’s actually legal. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13 please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
- What Information Does DAME MEDIA Collect?
Most of the site can be accessed without any personal information being provided by you. You can browse our site, read our articles, and generally peruse the site without registering on our site. Of course, we never met a new reader we didn’t like (OK that’s totally not true, but we’re too polite to really open up about it)…… so in the event you send us your contact information using the “Contact Us” portion of our Website, we want to stay in touch, and you’re going into our database. Who knows, you could get a non-denominational holiday card. To be clear, that means we retain information you gave us to answer the question you posed when you contacted us, and we add your name and email address to our database. We might just want to later reach out to you with information or news from us. You want to hear from us, right? Of course you do. But if we get too clingy, you may use the unsubscribe link in any email communication to stop further emails from us. We do not currently sell our email lists and have no plans to do so. If some fatcats – or skinny cats; really, any cats with money and ethics – want to buy us, then our lists become their lists, so it’s possible that in the event of a purchase of our assets, your information would be transferred to a new entity.
We collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide to Us:
That’s clear, right? You give it to us, we keep it. Here’s the legal way to say it: we receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process, we collect Personal Information such as your name, user name, email address, IP address, and browser information. We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of our services, such as the posts you submit on the Website. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
- Information Collected Automatically:
Techno-stuff: whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. Some of this automatically collected information may or may not be Personal Information, depending on whether it is personally identifiable in nature or not.
Third-Party Ad Networks: For information about and to opt out of interest-based ads from many ad networks in the U.S., go to:
Usage Information: Like the friend from 5th grade who always did her back-to-school shopping after the first week so she could see what you bought first, we want to know what you’re reading so we can go there too. We collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website), but we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often visitors use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many readers as possible. That’s us. We’re givers. Sometimes we like to spread the love, so we may also provide this aggregate information to our partners (including retail partners and promotions partners who serve as fulfillment companies for various activities on the site) so they can understand how often people use their services and our Website. Like we said, givers! Just know that except where it may be necessary to complete or fulfill your request or order, we make efforts to never purposely disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- E-mail and Other Communications:
III. Will DAME MEDIA Share Any of the Information IT Receives?
Honestly, we’ve been through this, but we know it’s something you may be thinking about. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information, as a general rule. We share your Personal Information (in personally identifiable form) with third parties only as described below. We take this seriously, so forgive the legalese. We just want to be clear about what we do with your information. It’s not only the law, but we think it’s the right thing to do:
- Advertisers: We may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and we may provide information we have collected from you to an advertiser in non-personally-identifiable form, in order for that advertiser to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Website, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
- Under particular legal circumstances:
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Dame Media, its users, or others.
- Additional Information for California Residents
This section provides information organized in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for residents of California about how we handle certain personal information we have collected over the past 12 months.
- The section above entitled What Information does DAME MEDIA Collect? discloses the categories of personal information that we collect, which include your account and profile information, your content, your communications with us, your information you provide from linked networks, information about your activity on the Website, and how you engage with our Website.
- All sections above disclose the various ways the categories of personal information we collect are used to provide our services, for personalization, to provide advertising in order to generate income to operate Dame Media, to promote our services to you, to analyze how our services are used, to comply with law, and to prevent misuse of the Website.
- The section above entitled Will DAME MEDIA Share any of the Information IT Receives? discloses that we share your personal information with, service providers, affiliates, law enforcement authorities, and as needed with third parties to provide our services.
We do not collect personal information from consumers that we know are younger than 13 years old.
Requests for Deletion, Copy and Right to Know Your Information. California consumers have the right to make the following requests, which we endeavor to honor from non-California residents as well:
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Copy and Right to Know. You have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of information, sources, and purposes of collection, as well as categories of third parties we have shared it with.
- Designated Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request on your behalf. That agent must have access to your account in order for us to verify the request.
You can submit a deletion, copy and right to know request by emailing us at [email protected]. You will need access to the email account associated with your Dame Media communications in order to verify your identity and complete this process.
Non-Discrimination. Dame Media will not discriminate against you, including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services should you choose to exercise your options under the CCPA.
Your California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law. California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to : [email protected].
VI. Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Dame Media infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by a user on one of our Forums), you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked. Please see the following requirements and specific instructions for submitting a notice to Dame Media. If you believe that your copyright-protected work has been copied and posted on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, then please contact Dame Media’s DMCA Agent with the following information (please consult your attorney to better understand your rights and obligations under Section 512(c) of the Copyright Act and other laws):
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in sub-section ii above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A written statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please send this written notice to our designated agent as follow:
Dame Media, LLC
578 Washington Blvd. #642
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
email: [email protected]
V. Counter Notification
If material that you have posted to the Site has been taken down, you may file a counter-notification that contains the following details:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material in question;
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for judicial district in which your address is located or, if your address is outside of the USA, for any judicial district in which Dame Media, may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who submitted a notice in compliance with the section (c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, as generally described above;
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please send this written notice to our designated agent as follows:
Dame Media, LLC
578 Washington Blvd. #642
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
email: [email protected]
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing, or that the material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy of terminating the accounts of repeat infringers. A repeat infringer includes any user who has made two or more postings for which we receive a notice of infringement under this DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see https://www.copyright.gov for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Websites should be sent to Dame Media’s DMCA Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement at: DMCA Agent, Dame Media, Inc., USA, or by submitting a request here [email protected] (With the subject line “DMCA Communication .
Dame Media’s DMCA Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be contacted only for the purposes set forth in this Section. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO DAME MEDIA’S DMCA AGENT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED. MISUSE OF THE DMCA CAN SUBJECT YOU TO LIABILITY.
VI. Questions or Concerns
That’s it, you made it to the end. That’s 15 minutes you’ll never get back, but we hope the information was something you could use. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to [email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.