We urgently need your help. DAME reports the stories that need to be told, from perspectives that aren’t heard enough. In times of crisis it is even more critical that these voices are not overlooked, but COVID-19 has impacted our ability to keep publishing. Please support our mission by joining today to help us keep reporting.
It wasn’t just GOP presidential hopefuls and abortion opponents sounding dumb this week, we had too many options to choose from.
1) Sarah Palin literally compared Planned Parenthood to the Confederate flag in an ass backward tweet about defunding the crucial women’s health organization. Because women’s health and systemic racism have so much in common!
2) Donald Trump’s team continued its marathon streak of stupidity when Trump lawyer Michael Cohen reminded us this week that you can’t rape a spouse (in response to Ivana Trump’s resurfaced allegations of her husband’s sexual assault). Glad he cleared that up.
3) We’ve had a wonderful respite from loudmouth rocker Ted Nugent recently, but the brutal trophy killing of Cecil the lion by an American dentist brought him back out into the stupid spotlight.
“God are people stupid,” he wrote on Facebook. Indeed they are.
4) What kind of dudes are smart enough to pull of epic jewelry heists but dumbs enough to get caught flaunting their spoils on social media? These kind.
5)Mark Palmer-Edgecumbe, Google’s former head of diversity, decided what London needed was a women’s history museum. After getting his proposal approved, and starting construction on the project, he decided the accomplishments of women weren’t quite worthy. Instead, he’s dedicating his museum to notorious serial killer Jack the Ripper. “We did plan to do a museum about social history of women but as the project developed we decided a more interesting angle was from the perspective of the victims of Jack the Ripper,” he explained.
6) Mike Huckabee, one of 372 GOP presidential hopefuls, is back in our roundup thanks not only to his nonsensical comparison of the Iran nuclear weapons deal with the Holocaust (“He would take the Israelis and basically march them to the door of the oven,” he said about Obama and the plan), but also his openness to using federal troops or the FBI to stop women from accessing legal abortions. As A Is For put it, “If someone could get Mike Huckabee a copy of the constitution, that would be great.”
7) Hitler is making a huge comeback this week, ’cause even Sarah Silverman is employing “Nazi logic” according to abortion opponents Live Action, the group taking umbrage with her defense of Planned Parenthood’s donation of fetal tissue for medical research. Ben Shapiro, though, wins this round’s “most asinine” award, thanks the this tweet
which Silverman promptly shuts down with class:
8) Chris Pratt’s been too perfect for too long. Thank goodness he knocked himself off that pedestal with this totally clueless Facebook stunt, asking his artist fans to create work for free.
9) Go Set a Watchman might not have been the Harper Lee follow up the world was hoping for. But for one unsuspecting baby, it caused his parents to strip him of his identity. The 14-month-old baby formerly known as Atticus has now been dubbed Luke by his overthinking parents, who didn’t appreciate the character’s development in Lee’s latest novel. Hopefully the new Star Wars installment won’t taint that name for them as well.
We urgently need your help!
Covid-19 has dramatically impacted our ability to keep publishing. DAME is 100% reader funded and without additional support, we can’t keep publishing. Become a member at DAME today to help us continue reporting and shining a light on the stories that need to be told, from perspectives that aren’t heard enough. Every dollar we receive from readers goes directly into funding our journalism.
Please become a member today!
(If you liked this article and just want to make a one-time donation, you can do that here)